Monday

school or no school. . .

So I have a very hard desision to make in the next couple days....

To send Mason to school or not? His birthday is October the 16th, he will be 5 YO. I really don't think that he's ready. He is very bright and I know he is willing to learn.But personally I don't think he is . . . well I don't think that he is ready. Do you know what I mean. I think he would do fine when he actually starts to go. But he would be the YOUNGEST kid in the kindergarten. The cut off date in NC is October 16th. HE makes it literately by a few hours. Yes? No? IDK. His daddy thinks he would be fine and that if he fails then its only kindergarten. I disagree. But I do think that it would be great for him to be around other kids and learning again. Not to say that I'm not teaching him and working with him on a daily basis, but dernit he needs a more stuctured environment. The only way that I can get out of sending him to school is to go back to work and send him to pre-school. Then I have to factor in the Beast, and what I'm gonna do with her. Nanna? lol . . . .what to do. . . .what to do. . . .??????


I might try to go back to work for the Hospice home that I worked at. I loved working there, I just couldn't do it any more after my first trimester. Maybe I should call the owner....yep I'm going to do that now. I can work part-time or just do some fill in work and that would cover gas and day care....YAY no school for the monkey! wait...yes school no work for me? lol what to do??? ::scratching head::

Did I mention that I WOULD home school IF my husband would let me. But I won't get into that b/c thats a whole nother long pointless deadend post.



Related Articles by Categories


9 comments:

  • FlipFlop Mom said...
     

    ahhh honey.. my kids are 16 and soon very soon to be 12.. my words of wisdom.. love up on them as long as you can... keep them young.. yet let them mature as long as you can.. my son is the youngest in his grade.. and it is very noticeable.. if I could do it all over again.. I would have waited... but only YOU know your little man!!! And I'm positive you will do the right thing!!!

    Oh and by the way.. you have been TAGGED!!! Ü

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hi Elizabeth. I'm a lurker on your blog and decided to finally show my face. haha. Even though I'm not married, and don't have kids, I love reading your blog. I'm born in December and so my parents had the choice of putting me in school or waiting another year. They decided to wait another year and I am SO glad that they did. I know that I would've found school much harder had I gone early. Praying for you as you try to make a decision on what to do.

  • Amber said...
     

    Are you pregnant? Did I miss something??

  • Drea said...
     

    id say wait... but i know clint and i know how pushy he can be... my brother was held back in kindergarden and i think it really gave him a complex. caleb wont be starting until hes 6.. and we intend on homeschooling if possible.

    If you go back to work pleaseeee try to just do parttime. I know ur situation... but please pleaseeee tell clint u two can work together.. and part time is better than no time! since hes all about the benjamins.

    oh and thanks for the recipe! hehe

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Whatever U decide I'm sure u will do whatever is best for your little guy! Hope all goes well with yoru decissson.

  • Kell Rees said...
     

    I would wait another year.
    Why don't you want him to go to preschool this year? Caiden will be starting his 2nd year this month. I do agree with you that kids need that structure and being able to socialize with other kids there age but you don't want to send him too early and have him get discouraged because he is the youngest and maybe wont know as much or might have a harder time catching on. (that was my fear with caiden)

  • Wendy said...
     

    I would definetly wait. There really is no reason to rush him a long. I know so many of my preschoolers whose parents put them in Kindergarten ealry because they were "smart" but emotionally they were soooo not ready. By third grade things have started to catch up with a lot of them. I think that another year of preschool or some home preschooling with you would be perfect. But... I know that you are a good Mommy and whatever you decide will be good for you and your family!

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hey Elizabeth,
    I have also been lurking around on your blog. I am anonymous because I don't know how this blog thing works! Anywaz, I agree that you should wait. I would really pray and seek god's will for Mason.
    P.S. you seem like such a fun and loving mother!

  • Blondie Mandie said...
     

    SEND HIM TO SCHOOL ONLY IF HE IS READY. REALLY I THINK SENDING HIM TO A PRE K WOULD BE BETTER THAT WAY NEXT YEAR HE WILL BE READY AND NOT SO LOST.