Thursday

When Will My Daughter WALK??????

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

*click image for LARGER view*

Terri Jade is 14 (and a half!!!!) months old and is TERRIFIED to walk!!! She JUST started to let go of the couch and stand there for a few seconds. Two weeks ago I set her down and she stayed standing up for a whole 4 seconds!!!!!! WHOO HOOOO!! Clint and his friend SWORE that she took two steps yesterday while I turned to type an email....but I think KNOW they were messing with me. THANKS WENDY btw for the IM distraction!!!!!!! lol {WENDY its ALL your fault!!!!!}

AND IF I HAVE TO HEAR FROM ONE MORE PERSON THAT I CARRY HER TO MUCH I BELIEVE NO WAIT I KNOW I'M GONNA SCREAM!!! What do you people what me to do let her crawl around in the grass? on the asphalt going into church across the carpets??? DIDN'T think so!! You old school non babywearing "experienced mommas"!! BLAH! There are PLENTY of women in the babywearing community that wear their children TWICE as much as I do and their little Suzy and Johnnys are walking as early as 9 month!!!!!!!!!! :-'( AND DON'T tell me that I will regret it when she does start to walk!! Remember that I DO have a (almost)5YO and he walked at 10 months! MY BACK IS KILLING ME! my right hip is killing me. I want the BEAST to walk!

So YOU tell me.....WHEN IS SHE GOING TO WALK??????????

AND ABSOLUTELY NO ANSWERS LIKE: SHE'LL walk WHEN SHE'S READY!!!! (SORRY!)
I'm looking for exact dates!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!

Let me think of some kind of incentive to get you people guessing. PLEASE entertain me!

#############################################################



Related Articles by Categories


12 comments:

  • Mrs. Stam said...
     

    She'll walk when she is ready, not the answer you looking for LOL
    Bribe her with food, (it work for me, I walk to have some homemade fries!!!!)

  • Amber said...
     

    I'm sorry your back & hip are hurting you!! I don't know what else to say....but it WILL happen. I can't give you an exact date, but it will be SOON :) Hang in there!!

  • Stacey said...
     

    Hey it's fairly normal for the second child to not walk so soon. DOn't know why, but that's just how it goes sometimes. For your sake, I hope she'll start soon! Just think of how much noise she can make in her sqeaky shoes!!

  • VICTORIA said...
     

    My kids all varied...I carried/held them all ALOT!
    1st-9 months
    2nd-10/11 months
    3rd-12 months
    4th-16 months!
    So, I estimate...anytime soon, I will guess 16 months like my youngest did.

  • Mrs. Stam said...
     

    where did my date go!??!!!! I said oct 8th 2007, hmmm what is wrong with this comment tigny!!! she will walk on my sister inlaw 's wedding, it a spcial day for her, for us so it should be for you and your daughter!!!!!
    So Terri I give you a month make me proud of you and don't walk start running (you have to show your Mama what your able to do)

  • Mrs. Stam said...
     

    Do you want to participate in weekends funnies, to read mine read my post! on my blog http://babystam.blogspot.com/2007/09/weekend-funnies.html
    Renee

  • houseofeling said...
     

    I'm guessing by the end of the month she will be walking. And I'm positive babywearing has NOTHING to do with it.

    Although, a few times crawling on the pavement would get my booty off the ground....lol.

    I would not worry about it, but I might milk out a massage before she starts walking. Us your back pain to your advantage girl!

  • Deb said...
     

    Unfortunately they always seem to walk when 'they' are ready, not when we are! I hope you're seeing those first steps soon! :) Although having the second (or third, etc.) start walking is a different experience from the first - now you'll have two who can walk away from you... in opposite directions! ;)

  • Anonymous said...
     

    hey! same thing going on over here.
    my daughter is almost 15 months old, and still not walking....getting closer, but *sigh* i have to admit, i too, am tired of carrying her around.
    i've placed my bets for her at 16 months.
    maybe we should have a contest...
    :)

  • Aimee said...
     

    I'm gonna say about 2 weeks. When my son was 14 months old, he didn't walk either. And then - all of a sudden he was running around, so give it 2 weeks and she'll be walking! :)

  • Aura said...
     

    She'll walk soon, Elizabeth. Kevin was 15 months when he finally walked. I was very anxious since I had to carry Andrea and back then the baby wearing slings were not as nice as they are now. Maybe they were around; I just never had one. I'm predicting she'll walk this month.

  • Wendy said...
     

    Hey...Lani is now RUNNING!! HA!! No I am totally being silly! Wesley was 16 months before he walked so don't worry. One day she will just start and wont ever stop. I will guess it will happen on September 10th at 6:00pm:)