Tuesday

New Ink!


I was trying to get a picture of me NONshi-lontly showing off my new tattoo on my wrist to see if anyone noticed....BUT ANDREA already spilled the beans!!!

So I guess I can share my story with you!

Clint wanted to go and get his tattoo added onto on Saturday. He asked me if I wanted something. I kinda joked and said that "it wasn't A drive through and I wasn't the type to just go and look and pick out something off the big wall of art!" :-) I did tell him that I didn't want to get something unless I KNEW that it would mean something emotionally, spiritually for me. I got this b/c I the only things in my life I could think of that I am truely passionate about are God and my family.

Of course it stands for the fact that the Lord chose us.... (Ephesians 1:4-5). Because he loved us he chose us and predestined us to all the blessings of salvation.

BUT. . . it also means that my father chose us. He was young marrying my mother....(REALLY young) and he didn't run away from his responsibilities (US) NOR did he choose to go out and party and be that typical 20 something. (I've seen/known alot of people/kids/ tv shows....the kids have the babies and then hand them over to be raised by the grandparents) He didn't.

Don't get me wrong, our paternal grandparents were there! [he broke his back when I was 6] But our father tried the best he could to do it by himself, with little or no help. [I call it stubborn!!!!]

So when I told my (old school BIKER/TATTOOED up) Daddy that I got a new one...he said, "why'd you go do that? You didn't need another one" THEN I told him what it said and meant to me ::sniffle sniffle:: He simply said "awe"*

SO I hope you all like my sweet tattoo story.

Here it is...a larger view. *(Click to enlarge them)*



♥ He Chose Us ♥



Related Articles by Categories


9 comments:

  • Drea said...
     

    If you had blogged it sooner I wouldnt of spilled the beans ;-) ms. wait a week after getting it to tell HAHAHAHa kidding. I didnt spill it totally ;-) I didnt tell where it was! its so cute.

    you got a good daddy.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Your tattoo looks really good and such a sweet story to go with it!

  • Stacey said...
     

    That is a really cute tatoo!

  • houseofeling said...
     

    I really like it! Nice choice!

  • Lis said...
     

    Very cute, I have wanted a wrist tattoo for awhile, but not sure if I will do it...it's been year since I got my first and I think it was when I walking out of the parlor that I wanted another. Love yours.

  • Chastity said...
     

    I'm not much of a tattoo person, but I actually kinda like that!

  • Natalie said...
     

    That tattoo really does have a great message. :)

  • FlipFlop Mom said...
     

    THAT is awesome!!!! I'm so proud of your daddy for staying by you all!!! When I had *K* at 18.. I didn't have that support... and it was hard.. but God blessed me with an even GREAT man... and I'm so glad!! I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

  • Katja said...
     

    To be honest... I've never wanted to have a tattoo - until I read your post! What an amazing story, and makes me want to get a tattoo too - something as meaningful and personal.

    Katja

    Ps. I tagged you.. (don't feel pressured to do it)
    http://skimbaco.blogspot.com/2008/01/linky-love-meme.html