Thursday

To share or NOT to share!?!?

Our kids are not really close in age and opposite sex and I have totally thought about making/letting them share a room.

Mason is 6 and Terri is 2 1/2.

I really wanna do it NOW then in a year when we move (or sooner) to a bigger home they can have their own rooms again.

I want them to have this companionship now learn to be close and share....and love one another. NOT just SOMETIMES when they have too. or when they pass in the hall or when they're fighting for my attention. I'm not saying they don't get along. Im just saying I shared a room with my big brother for a while about Masons age and IDK if that affected us or not but we've always been thick as thieves. or whatever that expression is.

besides the kids sharing a room means EXTRA SPACE FOR MOMMS TO FILL UP!!!

"playroom" and/or "office space" or just a guest room.
DUDE that would be SWEET!!

hmmmm.... oh this post is kinda like me thinking out loud. your opinion is always welcomed. either way, if they keep their own rooms or share, no major catastrophe



Related Articles by Categories


7 comments:

  • Mom said...
     

    Let them share a room. My sister and I always moved into one room during the summer months and loved it.

    I was also checking to make sure you received your grand prize package from my giveaway.

  • Kell Rees said...
     

    Our kids are exactly the same age and although mine have seperate rooms they sleep in the same room together almost every night. It is the only way that Hailey will sleep through the night. I think that it definately brings them closer too. BTW a playroom would be a great idea for an extra room, I don't know what i would do without ours, no more toys in every room of the house, at the end of the day they all get put away in the playroom!

  • Wendy said...
     

    DON'T DO IT!!!!!! It has been pure HELL for us since we did. Obviously Wes and Lani are farther apart in age, but I want to tear my hair out every night. There certainly is no bonding going on here. Just crying and frustration when they wake each other up.

  • Courtney said...
     

    I would say do it, but it didn't work out for us. Mine are both girls and only 2 years apart so it's a little different.

  • Rhonda said...
     

    We had to have 3 kids in one room at one point and it was STUFFED FULL!

    Now we have two kids in each of the three kids bedrooms. It's good in some ways but HARD in other ways. Here's how:

    My two girls are 14 years apart. My oldest is ALWAYS complaining about the 3 yr old making a HUGE mess and tearing into her nice stuff, like her iPod and losing it. ugh But they snuggle and chit chat and love eachother so it's not all bad.

    My two teen boys share a room. The mess is always from "the other one". It's a disaster. Always. But I hear them giggling and listening to music together at night and as long as they have another spot to retreat to when they aren't getting along its ok. Minus the mess two teen boys make.

    My youngest set of boys share too. It's nearly impossible to get a 7 yr old and 4 yr old to sleep at the same time. One makes noise that bothers the other, one keeps talking keeping the other up. More messes in this room. But they also build forts and read books together and it's cute!

    So there you have it!

  • Andrea said...
     

    Hmmm...I'd say give it a try, and if it doesn't work out, then at least you tried! We're definitely going to have to put our 2 (2 yr. old boy and 8 month old baby girl) in the same room in a few months...should be verrrrry interesting! haha

  • Tasha said...
     

    I don't know..My girls are 8 and 3 1/2. Its hard. My youngest wants to talk to the oldest at night and she has to get up for school, and then when she does get up for school, not meaning too, she wakes her sister and so she is up at 6:30 most mornings. Then when the oldest wantsd to have a friend over, her sister wants in the room too because its both their rooms and sometimes the oldest just wants a place to go to be alone and its hard. I say if you have the room, leave them seperate...But that me, I always had my own room as I grew up...I prefer it that way.