Tuesday

A Wedding . . .



So I had a wedding to go to on Saturday, a young couple that attends our church. I have to say that the vows of these 22YOs blew me away! The vows were sincerely felt (as all newlyweds should be) but they were genuinely SWEET! I thought of Corinthians (It took me a little while to find it)~13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy.
Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
It is not self-seeking, nor easily angered.
It keeps no record of wrongdoing.
It does not delight in evil,
But rejoices in the truth.
It always protects, trusts, hopes, and preserves.
There is nothing love cannot face;
There is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance.
In a word, there are three things that last forever:
Faith, hope, and love;
But the greatest of them all is love.

I haven't been married for long but I have learned a few of theses things the hard way... love IS patient....love is NOT rude or boastful, love is NOT easily angered...there is NOTHING love cannot face. I am not perfect nor do I go with out sin...but I pray that I can be the wife and mother that God has planned for me.

I've been reading a book by Martha Peace and it really has been a gift. I would advise any married Christian woman young or old to have this book!!!!

God's will for every Christian wife is that her most important ministry be to her husband (Genesis 2:18). After a wife's own personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ, nothing else should have a greater priority. Her husband should be the primary benefactor of his wife's time and energy, not the recipient of what may be left over at the end of the day. Whether her husband is a faithful Christian man, or an unbeliever, God wants every Christian woman to be a godly wife-an excellent wife. This truth is so important to God that He has clearly and completely revealed it in His Word, the Bible. One of the most important Scripture passages concerning God's will for the Christian wife is Proverbs 31. Notice that in this chapter of Proverbs are the words of King Lemuel "which his mother taught him" Proverbs 31:1

{Taken from "The Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace, pp 3-4. Copyright 1999, Focus Publishing, Bemidji, Minnesota.}

In Proverbs 31 verses 10-31, God describes twenty traits of an excellent wife. As we woman develop these traits our lives will begin to glorify God.
Traits of an Excellent Wife....


In life and death we belong to God. Through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the Holy Sprit, we trust in the one Trinity, with whom all things are possible....

I only wish the best for this couples and for all of those who are joined as one in the eyes of the Lord.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On this particular STRESSFUL SATURDAY I . . . .couldn't find A THING to wear (this SAD outfit is what I came up with, I feel that I wore all black)...my son FELL IN THE TOILET RIGHT before we left, thus causing me to have to go in the attic to find him more slacks. Then when we got home from the wedding I had 30 minutes to change and get ready for a 4YOs birthday party...

stressful day! woa is me! Did I mention I suffer from migraines? LOL



Related Articles by Categories


3 comments:

  • Wendy said...
     

    I think you look fab!! How did I miss this post?!? It didn't show up on "google reader"!! HMM!! I wish I had that skirt for my bros wedding! It is what I was looking for, but couldn't find it! I guess we are into the fall season so all the skirts are long:(

    Mason fell in the toilet?!? LOL!! Poor guy!

  • mAsOn & tErrI's mOm said...
     

    Mason was dressed head to toe...tie and all. He went to sit backwards on the potty while I was finishing up my hair and the lid was up....SLASH!!!!

    I was sweating and FREAKING! My hair went so FLAT, I forgot to put on deodorant.....but all in all I got there RIGHT before they sent the bridal party down the isle! WHEW ::whipping forehead::

  • Wendy said...
     

    whew!! nothing like a little stress:) Good thing you are super Mom!! LOL!!

    I forgot to mention that my maid of honor read that verse at our wedding:) AWW! I need to watch that video again.