Tuesday

Boys will be boys *warning: long post! ~rambling done in the first 2 paragraphs*

So this morning Andrea called me around 10:00am. To most of you thats mid morning, to me well its early. I haven't always been like this....I go through stages. Terri gets up around 7ish and then after her milk she is really ready for bed. Some mornings she doesn't get up at all till 9:30. (a couple times till 10am) I know what your thinking.."man she's lucky" and Yes I know. Plus she takes a two hour nap mid day and a good 30/45 minute nap in the late afternoon. Ya'll are seriously hating me right now!! Mason well booger boy would sleep till 11 EVERYDAY if I let him. He is such a night owl!!!! I get him to sleep between (typically) 10-11:30. What? He is my little late night story reading, sleeping with mommy while daddy is gone buddy!! He isn't going to school till next year so he's fine. Actually he's been asleep by 9:30 almost EVERY night for the last two weeks ::patting myself on the back::

*mental note: send a thank you email to the benadryl people, and remember to go to the store tomorrow for a refill* {I'm completely kidding or am I? hmmmm?}

Man now ya'll see why the title of my blog perfectly suits me!!!!! Point???? oh yea I have become such a night owl myself b/c of my husband (thanks again hunn!!!)point? (I keep loosing my train of thought) Oh so we don't get up and moving till 10 or 10:30. Sorry early risers!!!

Okay so Andrea wanted us to go to the park with her..."ok let me get them all up". Nicolas (Masons bestest friend stayed here today b/c his mom started a new job.) So as soon as I got everyone loaded up we were off. Can I just add that it was a ga-gillion degrees out side and I hate to sweat! I need some shorts and new tank tops that cover my bedonk! So we get to the park and Andrea is already there.

I have to say that she has two beautiful little boys (Caleb and Taite). But every time we have gotten together we have to keep reminding Caleb and Mason both how to act. Mason can be very antagonistic at times. (note: he's a little boy) and Caleb has gotten a little whiny the past three or four play dates. (note: he is a little boy) Its hard when you have a 4 1/2 YO and a 2 1/2 Yo that are the same size. Mason doesn't understand that Caleb is still a "baby" and that he thinks everything is his or he wants what you've got. It is a stage I'm all to familiar with. Caleb also doesn't understand why someone his size is correcting him (Mason tends to do that TOO much~in my opinion)
But I just hate it that Andrea feels that she has to apologize for Calebs behavior. I've seen him be very sweet and loving and I've seen him very whiny. But 99% of the time after he is reprimanded he gets back on track. Mason on the other hand is going through the "I know you think I'm cute...Let me see what I can get away with" stage. AHHHHH! {BTW he is cuter in person~just my personal opinion!!!} But I just wanted to post to remind her (and myself) that no matter what the stage a child is going through (weather it be trying our patience, not obeying, temper tantrums, not minding, not minding, whining, more whining terrible twos, did I say not minding?) they wouldn't call them stages if they didn't eventually grow out of them. (I hope that made sense!!)





Andrea with Caleb and Taite at the Park
Terri chugging a juice box
Terri still chugging a juice box
Terri in Taites solarveil (I MUST HAVE!!!!) probably peeing out all that juice


*********************************************
Here are some stories that I found to REMIND US that no matter how "bad" they are being at the moment they will say or do something sweet the next (moment that is).

*********************************************
The kindergarten teacher is trying to explain to her class...

...the definition of the word "definitely" to them. To make sure the students have a good understanding of the word, she asks them to use it in a sentence.

When called upon the first student says "The sky is definitely blue". The teacher said "Well that isn't entirely correct because sometimes it's gray and cloudy".

Another student says "Grass is definitely green". Teacher again replies "If grass doesn't get enough water it turns brown, so that isn't really correct".

Another student raises his hand and asks the teacher "Do farts have lumps?".

The teacher replied, "No, and that is not a suitable question for class discussion." The student replies, "Then I definitely pooped my pants".

****************************************
One particular 4 YO little boy prayed, "And forgive us our trash baskets as we forgive those who put trash in our baskets."
****************************************
A little boy was overheard praying: "Lord, if you can't make me a better boy, don't worry about it. I'm having a real good time like I am."
****************************************
A Sunday school teacher asked her children as they were on the way to church service, "And why is it necessary to be quiet in church?" One bright little boy replied, "Because people are sleeping.


LITTLE BOY QUOTES!!!!

Boys are beyond the range of anybody's sure understanding, at least when they are between
the ages of 18 months and 90 years.

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure

One of the best things in the world to be is a boy; it requires no experience, but needs some practice to be a good one

Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"

When I grow up I want to be a little boy.

Oh dear God please don't let Terri go through that
(horrible) little girl whining stage...I heard it will make you go prematurely grey!!! Oh NO I've got a little girl...that only leaves me . . .what? like 9 or 10 years before she starts to menstruate and I have to move to Tahiti!!!

Oh and go to my posts about contests if you haven't signed up!!!!



Related Articles by Categories


3 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hey there!!

    Love this post... I have to say, I think I' probably like Andrea... I tend to reprimand William alot and aplogize if he is acting up. I guess I do that b/c I don't want to be that "pain in the butt's Mom who doesn't do anything when her son won't share!"... you know what I mean??

    Ahh... but I love your post and I think Terri is just the cutest thing I have ever seen!!

  • Andrea said...
     

    oh yah...thanks for all the reminders of what i have to face with my little boy yet! haha :) Although I know there'll be all those "reprimandin' times" there's lots of fun ones too...like that one with the boy in the pool and the sieve (or whatever it is :) ) over his head...haha!

  • Drea said...
     

    :-) my widdle Calebs a sinner lol... but owww so sweet!! love them all!