Monday

FWD: Red envelope idea

Dear Family and Friends,
I don't forward much e-mail, but I thought this was such a good idea that I had to pass it along. It was sent from a Pregnancy Resource Center.

*************************************************

Dear Friends and Intercessors:

This afternoon I was praying about a number of things, and my mind began
to wander. I was deeply distressed at the symbolic actions that
President Obama took as he began his presidency. Namely, that he signed
executive orders releasing funds to pay for abortions, permission to fund
human stem cell research, and federal funding for contraception. I have
been involved in the pro-life movement for nearly 20 years, and it pained
my heart to see a man and a political party committed to the shedding of
innocent blood. This man, and this party lead our country, but they do
not represent me or the 54% of Americans who believe that abortion is
wrong and should no longer be legal.

As I was praying, I believe that God gave me an interesting idea. Out in
the garage I have a box of red envelopes. Like the powerful image of the
red LIFE tape, an empty red envelope will send a message to Barack Obama
that there is moral outrage in this country over this issue. It will be
quiet, but clear.

Here is what I would like you to do:

Get a red envelope. (You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply
stores.) On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
Washington , D.C. 20500


On the back, write the following message:
"This envelope represents one child who died in abortion.
It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world.
Responsibility begins with conception."

OR

"There is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human
being. This much we know." -- Barack Obama at today's National Prayer
Breakfast

Put it in the mail, and send it. Then forward this email to every one
of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send
50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having a
chance to live. Each one counts. Maybe it will be used to change the
heart of the president.



Related Articles by Categories


1 comments:

  • Rhonda said...
     

    DUDE I'm SO WITH YOU ON THIS! It's NEVER ok to take an innocent live and it makes me sick MY tax dollars are funding the killing of babies. And he's more concerned about GUN CONTROL. pure insanity.