Thursday

Bye Bye Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw David

Before church last night we went to go visit my grandmother and grandfather (my moms mom) in their RV for the last time before they pullout. They are "full timers''. Meaning they live in their RV. They travel and LOVE it! Johnny, my big brother and myself were early teenagers and we got to travel with them for a whole summer. What a break on my dad! LOL But really I can VIVIDLY remember most of the places that we visited. Carlsbad caverns, Custer State Park, Mt. Rushmore...YEp we hit ALL the spots! So I can only imagine the excitement of Mason and soon to be Terri, when their PaPa Doug and MaMa Joy say lets go out for an adventure. Mason the whole ride to the beach in the motor home he was playing pretend. If only he know all the historical places that his mommy had been and all the things that I've seen. I've been to Saloon #10 in Deadwood SD and sat in the same place where Wild Bill sat. Mason loves cowboy stories and I know I've pointed out in movies "hey I've been there''.

I just hope my children can have the opportunity like me and my big brother had.

Before we left we gave plenty of hugs and kisses and the promise of a Disc in the mail of recent pictures. (When they leave they won't be back till Easter, so I keep them updated on pictures of the COLD winter months in NC while they are in the RIO Grand!!!! )

Here is a (good one if I may say so) shot of me and the kiddos that Maw-Maw snapped before we left. :-D
Here is a VERY Mischevious GRIN that Terri was WorKin as we headed for church...



Related Articles by Categories


8 comments:

  • Wendy said...
     

    None of the pictures posted:(

  • Aura said...
     

    Let me know when you want to come to Zumba class. I bet you'd be great. I'm very un-coordinated but it's a lot of fun. It is $5.00 for non-members

  • Drea said...
     

    awe thats a great photo of you and the kiddos. im so behind on reading blogs, sorry!!

  • FlipFlop Mom said...
     

    Yes girllllllll you LOOK FABULICIOUS!!!!!! I'm sorry that your family has gone away though...:( ... I do hope they have a safe and nice trip though!!

  • Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...
     

    SO funny that I almost just typed "that is a great photo of you and the kiddos" and saw what Drea wrote! Great minds think alike!

    Steph

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Awesome pic of you and your kids! Thanks for all the tags the other day... mine are up now too!

  • Stacey said...
     

    Sounds like a lot of adventures!! But, I just about laughed out loud when you were talking about 'cold NC winters'!! If only you knew... can you even call it cold if it's not freezing?

  • Stacey said...
     

    Sounds like a lot of adventures!! But, I just about laughed out loud when you were talking about 'cold NC winters'!! If only you knew... can you even call it cold if it's not freezing?