Sunday

Tomorrow is Surgery Day!!!!

So today I am in SUPER cleaning mode...yes I know its the Sabbath day and I shouldn't be doing anything but praising the Lord, for all that He has given me. But I have to keep my mind busy and hopefully wear myself out to get to bed at a halfway decent time tonight.

I was reading last night and really lingered in Proverbs for some reason.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on you own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5

I wrote this down and slipped it to Clint. He glimpsed at it and chuckled. Then I read it to him....I am married to a great and loving man when he isn't so stressed from all of what the world offers. I just wish he weren't so Agnostic. I pray everyday that the Lord open his eyes and his heart. But when I read it to him I saw a glimmer of HOPE! :-D

Terri is having surgery tomorrow, not a big surgery...but with any infant/toddler under anesthesia you always worry. I am a bit apprehensive
, but I have complete faith in the Lord. Clint really doesn't want to have it done and is worried...but I know that if we do it now that she won't remember and she will never have to be picked on b/c of them. Terri was born with skin tags on either one of her ears. Just a minor . . .well I don't want to say birth defect, but I guess thats what they classify it as. There are so many things to be thankful for when it comes to our children they are healthy, happy and well loving kids, I don't want to fell like I'm doing this for her physical needs but I am for her mentally. I want my kids to be unique, but I don't want them to come home crying b/c little "Suzy" made fun of her ears. I just PRAY that everything goes smoothly and that I WAKE UP IN TIME TO BE AT THE HOSPITAL BY 5:30 am!!!! eeek!!




Related Articles by Categories


4 comments:

  • Drea said...
     

    if travis was in town id come with you at 5:30.. but i cant leave my own kids :-(
    but call me and ill come keep you company if you want later int he day when my moms home. she gets up at 5pm monday.

    ::praying for Clint!!!::

  • Wendy said...
     

    I hope that all goes well tomorrow for little Terr's surgery! Wesley had tubes when he was 15 months and it was soooo hard, but he slept off the anestecia (however you spell it?!?LOL) and was his old self that night! I know how scary it is but I totally agree about doing it now when she wont remember it at all! Kids are pretty mean these days:( I will be thinking about her!!

  • Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...
     

    I'll keep ya'll in my prayers tonight and tomorrow. Update us as soon as possible when you are home and settled.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Well, it's 7:45 a.m. as I write this, so I'm sure you're already there and maybe Terri is even in surgery now? I am thinking of you all and I hope everything goes perfectly for little Terri. I know you will be there with lots of big kisses when she is done with surgery!! Please update us when you get a chance!

    Jane, P&B Girls