Wednesday

I was BAPTIZED!!!! :D


I have recently converted from Catholicism to becoming a Baptist.

BIG leap I know!

My grandmother is Irish was raised in Catholic schools by catholic nuns. . .well that was in the 1800s'! (I'm kidding) But since my grandfather and father were both disabled and rarely went to church we got shipped out to the catholic churches every Sunday. First St.Augustine (which burnt down when I was maybe 5)then Our Lady of Assumption, then until recently St. John Neumans on Idlewild Rd.

I have nothing against the church or its members I just feel that I had a calling to LIVING FAITH BAPTIST! Mason has been in the Awanas program there since well since after Terri was born. . .9 months maybe? At first it was wonderful for him to go and learn about the Lord and it also gave me some free time usually from 5:45-9:30!!! (He rode with my neighbors who are the youth pastor, his wife and kids~ Nicholas is Masons' best friend!

Which is a ++) But after a while and a little convincing from Lydia (whose in their youth) I decided to go and visit! Donna my neighbor teaches on Wednesdays top the youth, and I was comfortable (yes in the youth room w/ all the 14/15/16 year olds!) But after a few trips I felt "it"! I told the Pastor Michael it was a warm fuzzy feeling...nope it was the spirt telling me this was now my home!

After a talk on last Wednesday with Pastor Michael I/we decided it was time...you see in the Catholic church they always baptize the babies. I felt the need to profess my faith and be Baptized as an adult so here goes!!
You can accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior by believing in Him, repenting of your sins, and being baptized in His name for the remission of your sins.

If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.Romans 10:9

Repent and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ so that your sins may be forgiven. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:38



Related Articles by Categories


1 comments:

  • Drea said...
     

    SOO COOL!!! im still mad that I missed it :-( you really didnt tell me! all your fault... :-) well maybe not.. but I seriously do hate we didnt get the memo.

    Im glad you did have a maxi pad when you got baptized like me :) that was really bad!

    And im so happy to see you getting serious about your faith.

    Also HUGE difference in Catholic and Baptist. Travis can have a LONG discussion if your curious about the differences.. if your interested :-) hes so smart.