Thursday

Thirsty Thrusday

I know some of you don't want to hear me whine but I have to release somehow!! So basically I'M ENGORGED!!! It stinks the worst cow patty ever! I remember trying to "dry up" with Mason and how bad it was. No different this time! Meanwhile as I'm claiming to wean Terri she is currently having a "snack"!! I'm weak I know! I've been dwind ling her down now for about two weeks.I've got her down to an am and a pm nursing. I feel bad about her vastly diminishing milk supply so I've been also supplementing a formula bottle in between the two feedings (sometimes 2!) For all you nursing mothers out there you have to know what I mean when I say weening is bittersweet! If not I'll explain . . .Bitter because you have to break that bond you have developed for the past (in my case 11) months. The sweet side is obvious. . .no more having do the solo feedings, no more having an eleven month old pull your boob out of you tank top in front of everyone, no more teething on mommies nipples!!! (thats a big one for us!), and finally for big brothers sake ...more free time with the other child/children. Awe now I'm sad...what if she doesn't take to regular milk? {I've given her (maybe) 3 regular milks} I've noticed also in the past two weeks that she has developed a snotty nose (formula can't prevent this like breastmilk can!) What if I have to buy her soy milk? . . . . . . .bad mommy I know! Well another positive is now I can have an alcoholic drink and not feel guilty. YAY!



Related Articles by Categories


4 comments:

  • Kell Rees said...
     

    I think i'm going to continue nursing hailey till she's 1, but every time she bites me i think sooner. She teething so i get alot of that lately.
    How is it going with giving her milk? I've heard not to give it to them until there 1 but i was thinking of trying it earlier. any side effects?
    It will be SO hard to wean hailey. She is strickley nursed. I think she has taken a bottle like 3 times.

    Well hope everything keeps going well for you and for Terri. I know it can be difficult on the little ones too.

  • Ashley said...
     

    take your time w/ the update! i love your new pics along the side of your page!

  • Wendy said...
     

    My lil' one is also 11 months and I am still nursing! She never would take a bottle for me so weaning is not going to be easy. She drinks from a cup, but only water. I have tried watered down juice, breast milk, cows milk, and formula. NADA!! She take one sip and throws it! She is teething on me, and let's just say that is making for a lot of wear and tear on these old boobies:) The doc said to try a different kind of cup with the cows milk to see how she does! So, I guess what I wanted to say is that I totally can relate!

  • Ashley said...
     

    ok i tried to add you on myspace & i think i might have the email wrong... mine's myspace.com/ashleykirnan