Tuesday

Tackle it Tuesday {A.D.D. or O.C.D???}

Do I have A.D.D. or O.C.D.????

Join me in Tackle it Tuesday to find out!!!

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

So WHY is it that in my house the rule is (or the rule IN MY MIND is) that IF I can't do it right ...or don't have enough time to do something then i don't do it at all? Am I the only one?

If I don't have time to fold and hang my clothes the way they are supposed to be then I kinda just leave them. If I don't have time to properly clean my floor (once a week on Thursdays) then I just sweep (everyday). Meaning when I mop...I HAVE to have everything off of the kitchen floor. If I don't have time to do that I CAN'T bring myself just to mop the walking path like some people.

My linen closet...
I CAN't stand it if my sheets aren't all folded the same way. (THey always are b/c I am the ONLY one that folds them.) BUT Clint does TRY to fold towels and it drives me CRAZY when they aren't all folded the same way. I try not to say anything because he is trying but why can't he understand that everything fits better when it is the same? I just quietly go behind him and refold. That has to be O.C.D., right?


So today is cloth diaper day......I have so many prefolds that I only wash now ONCE a week!!!!! My 9 BumGenius and my pocket Change stretch me out another two days so I have to only wash once a week!!! It great! I know what your thinking...ewww that smaell. NOPE not in this house. I actually use a metal (I think its metal?) trash can for my dry pail. So literately NO smell seeps through. It helps that Terri hasn't pooped in a diaper in the past THREE weeks!!!! I keep the pail behind the door in Terris room so our company can never tell where the dirty diapers go.

After I wash and HANG the AIO diapers, I dry the rest outside and then I tumble the prefolds and inserts in the dryer. It is Masons job to take the stuff out of the dryer and sort them on the couch. Mason knows that the cotton babies inserts are separte from the montana inserts and the bamboo inserts. He also separates the thick prefolds (the good ones!!) from the store bought and the old school ones (my mom sent me some that were mine and Johnnys as a baby)!!!
So you tell me is that OCD? or ADD? I'm really trying to train Mason that certain things stay together and it makes life easier when you know where everything is. But am I creating a organizing monster? Doubt it!

Here is my stash................




How does it Look? Okay I'm off!!!!!



Related Articles by Categories


9 comments:

  • Wendy said...
     

    YAY!! The punishment is over and I am allowed back on the computer:) LOL!! I was always like this at work, but not so much at home. I do like to have a place for everythingl, not that it always ends up there:)

    It is getting organized since Ashleigh is coming tomorrow, other than that there are good days and bad:)

  • Drea said...
     

    Those are some purdy diapers! ur so organized :-) ::i must add thats the cleanest ive ever seen that table HAHAHAHA:: sorry couldnt help myself!!! it looks great

  • Mrs. Stam said...
     

    You jsut to amazing! What to orgonize my house feel free to stop by anytime!!!!

  • Gina said...
     

    You are hilarious! I really don't think you are OCD, I think we all have a little of it in us! At least I sure do. I love it that you are training Mason young to learn how to do things and have chores.

  • Mrs. Stam said...
     

    Thanks for the comment on my blog!!!! have a great rest!!!
    Just finish sewing a new purse (I can't sleep ha ha) picture will come soon

  • Anonymous said...
     

    You are SO organized!! Want to come to my house?! Teehee!

  • Anonymous said...
     

    I'm exactly like you! If I can't do something as close to perfect as I can get, then I just don't do it. It has taken me many many years to discover this about myself. So is it really laziness or just being a perfectionist? Anyhoo...love how organized all those fluffy diapers are! I always LOVED organizing my cloth diapers...the only time in my life I actually enjoyed doing laundry for some reason!

  • Marcia Francois said...
     

    Hi there

    That is perfectionism. Without a doubt. I used to be like you until I heard Dr Phil say something like this one day - is it more important to have it your way or to make your husband feel that he is good enough?

    Wow - that was a mind shift for me and since then, I'm happier that he's involved. Of course, cleaning the toilets my way (properly) is totally up to me! But that's my one non-negotiable area :)

    Nice to meet you!

    Organising queen and
    Marcia's take charge blog

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Wow you are organized!! I love organzing and can't wait to do it whenever I get a house. It's awesome that you are teaching Mason to do chores at such a young age.