Tuesday

To Drea

I thought about sending an email or writing a letter...but I'd rather put my heart on my sleeve!

I think back to the quiet girl in school and I think about the friend I have now. I might be babbling now but I know you will be leaving me in a a tomorrow and I am sad. I know your reasons for leaving Ohio and I know why you must leave NC...I must tell you that I think HE has a plan! I know the Lord sent you here to help minister to me and help guide me to where I needed to go. You never judged me and never told me to stop babbling, {you have always been a great listener}. I can honestly say that no matter how far you live I will always consider you a dear friend a best friend. Andrea you have...in your own way...through jokes laughter, babies, photography, and the occasional McDonald's visits...blessed me.

You have taught me how to be a better Christian and a better wife..I AM already A GREAT MOTHER! ;-D

Weather you realize it or not...you guided me to be a wiser ...more loving wife. You have shown me that as a wife I'm more likely to to sin if my words are rash...Prvbs 12:18 There is one who speaks rashly like the thrusts of a sword but the tongue of the wise bring healing. And that by forbearance a ruler may be persuaded, and a soft tongue breaks the bone. Prvbs 25:15. (I'm more likely to be heard through soft forbearing speech...rather than thrash demanding defensiveness) I am trying to be the best Christian I can be. AM I am glad you are here! As I am glad that we moved into the house that we did so that I can have the neighbors that I have. God definitely knows what he is doing! No doubt. Through their kindness and generosity I have made great friends in Rob and Donna. Even though sometimes I feel like more of one of their kids! (kidding...I thought that was pretty funny)

Lessons I've learned in the past few months from my good friends:
A Godly wife is wise and kind. When she opens her mouth to speak, wisdom and kindness flow out. Her wisdom comes from the Word of God and her kindness from the Holy Spirit.
. . . and my most important lesson. . . .
A wife is to submissive even if her husband is not a Christian

I hope that I can visit often and I HOPE that we will never loose our closeness...as I hope that you can help someone else as you have helped to open my eyes.

I'll keep you on speed dial for those random once a day "I need some advice calls"!


SORRY THIS IS SUCH A RANDOM pieced together post but I knew the most important parts I wanted to let you know and I can touch up later!

Oh I will teach you how to say those 3 special words! (my part of the friendship....;-D)

I LOVE you :-D



Related Articles by Categories


6 comments:

  • Wendy said...
     

    That was really nice Elizabeth! I am a little unstable emotionally since Ashleigh left and your post didn't help!! HEE!!

  • Blondie Mandie said...
     

    How sweet is this! When she reads this she is gonna love it,I love it and it is not even for me I'm gonna cry. What a great friend you are. If anyone can put up with you you better take it RIGHT? Just kidding you know I had to be FUNNY some where!

  • Drea said...
     

    awe I actually got choaked! very sweet. I considering you a sister in Christ and a bestfriend as well.

    I talk to you just about as much as I do Travis :-)
    and I feel very comfortable talking to you about ANYTHING. Which is really nice for pastors wife... because sadly most pastors wives cant open up to many people.
    So its nice.

    Wendy makes me want to get a matching tattoo with you! I mentioned it to Travis and he was like "no way!" so maybe ;-)
    It have to be like SUPER DUPER SMALL.. cause our congregation might freak if they knew their pastors wife got a tattoo AFTER becoming the pastors wife ;-)

    Call me when you get home!

  • Ashley said...
     

    *tear* God sure does know what He's doing, even through babies and babblings and blogging :) What a blessing your friendship is.

  • Anonymous said...
     

    That wasn't random at all... it was beautiful and straight from the heart. You are both lucky to have each other, as I am sure you have taught Drea just as she has taught you.

    You are both blessed, and I am sure you will still be able to stay in touch and stay close!

    Jane, P&B Girls

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Aw how sweet. I'm sure ya'll will be able to visit each other, and of course you'll always keep up through your blogs!!! I live 3 hours from my BFF, so I know how hard it is.